A few weeks ago, we went to Dyrham Park, a National Trust property about 20 minutes from our flat. It was just a nice way to spend a Friday afternoon, see the countryside around us and spend time together.
We took a drive over to Cardiff to visit Chakri and Karin Dussa and their daughter Anusha who were in town for 5 days while Chakri attended a conference in Northern Wales. We know them from MICC in Munich, but they now live in Prien on Chiemsee in Germany. It was nice to spend the day with them and catch up. We went to a pub called "The Traveller's Rest" for lunch.
This week, we were in Preston from Monday through Thursday, because Jeff had training for work. I got to go along for the ride and enjoy seeing friends. Tuesday evening we went to dinner with David and Sharon Palmer, Colin and Gill Cluskey, and Richard and Liz Laird.
On Wednesday, I drove down to Manchester to meet an acquaintance, Maike, for lunch. She and I were each other's contacts when I worked for Sixt. She works for Travel Jigsaw in Manchester. I also got to meet others who I also worked with. Before meeting with Maike, I had a stoll through the Christmas market! It was quite international with people selling items and food from countries such as France, Germany, Spain and Belgium. At least I got to smell Gluehwein and smell bratwursts cooking away on a giant grill.


No comments:
Post a Comment