Bright and early this morning, I drove Jeff to the Gloucester train station. He had to catch a train at 7:00am to Preston for a meeting at Warton. After a few lazy hours this morning at home, I decided to take Elizabeth's recommendation and drive out to Minchinhampton.
Minchinhampton, "an ancient market town", is located south-east of Stroud, about 30 minutes from our house. It's very quaint and looks very "Cotswoldy," with a small village centre, a church and cottages lining the streets. After walking up a few of the streets from the centre, I found a small table at The Kitchen tea room. The place was packed, not only with guests, but with charm and baked goods. I ordered a cappuccino and a sausage sandwich, made with locally-produced chipolatas - thin, breakfast-style sausages.
I also managed to finally finish a book on George Mueller (1805-1898), a German-born, Christian evangelist who opened and maintained numerous children's homes in Bristol. He relied solely on God's provision to support the children, staff and homes. His life is a fine testimony of the Lord's love and provision for all of His children.
No comments:
Post a Comment