Friday, December 16, 2011

Mini Chocolate Chip Snowball Cookies

I was really looking forward to baking these cookies this Christmas. It has been years since I last made them, and they are sooo yummy. A cross between normal chocolate chip cookies and soft short bread, they are simple to make, though the mini chocolate chips do require a bit of effort to get folded into the dough. Oh, and just a warning - the cookie dough is seriously more-ish!

Mini Chocolate Chip Snowball Cookies
Source: http://www.verybestbaking.com

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts (I used ground almonds)
  • Powdered sugar

Directions

PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

BEAT butter, sugar, vanilla extract and salt in large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in flour; stir in morsels and nuts. Shape level tablespoons of dough into 1 1/4-inch balls (I used a medium ice cream scoop, which yielded about 38 cookies - probably would have been more, but I sort of got going on the cookie dough! Place on ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set and lightly browned. Remove from oven. Sift powdered sugar over hot cookies on baking sheets. Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar, if desired. Store in airtight containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment