Monday, February 20, 2012

Week 36 Bump

With less than 4 weeks until my due date, the end is insight; not that I've had a tough pregnancy, but I am/we are definitely looking forward to holding our baby in our arms. A week ago, Jeff and I took three prenatal classes over the weekend and on Valentine's Day (such a romantic way to spend the holiday!), so we know all about how to have a calm, natural delivery... whether it turns out to be that way or not, is yet to be determined.

I just returned home from a check-up appointment with the midwife, actually my midwife and a resident midwife who actually led my appointment. She did the usual - urine test for sugars and proteins, blood pressure, felt my bump and BeeBee, and we listened to BeeBee's heartbeat... all completely normal. But this time, they didn't need to draw any blood! Yay! They asked me if our hospital bags are packed... uh, no... but I really need to get them packed. Out of curiosity, I asked her if she think that BeeBee's head is engaged at all, and she thinks that she is already 3/5 engaged since she can't feel her head any more. Still waiting for the waddling to begin - okay, become more apparent. My next appointment with the midwife(s) is in 2 weeks.

BeeBee's cotbed (crib) and changing table will be delivered a week tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be able to get her room finished next week, too. I do realize that she doesn't really care what her room looks like and won't run away, but I'd like to have it look somewhat prettily decorated and organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment