A few other things happend this month that made us say, "Did you really just do that?" You can imagine my surprise when I went into her room to check her while she was sleeping and found her lying 180 the other way! How did she get like that?! I watched her through the crack in the door after I put her down for a nap a few days later to see what she does; she takes her blanket, shoves it up in her face and rolls around the bed using the sides of the crib to push herself around, then falls asleep in whatever position she happens to fall asleep in.
Now, I know that she probably isn't talking yet, but we're sure she understands what we're saying, at least some words here or there. A week or so ago, I was climbing into bed with Ellen in my arms getting ready to read her bedtime book, "Good Night Moon". The book was already on the bed as I was climbing in and she looked at it and said, "a book!" Jeff and I looked at each other in total disbelief. She said "book" a few days later as she and I were sitting on the couch next to the window where we have some books lined up. She looked over and said, "book"... of course, I then had to read her every book in the windowsill. She really loves reading with me.
Since being able to say "da da da da" since last month, she now "speaks" over me when I'm having a conversation, or anyone else, like our pastor as he begins the sermon or Grandma as we're trying to Skype. Hmmm...I wonder where she gets her chatterbox characteristics from!
Oh, and in case you're interested, she had her first bout of diaper rash a couple weeks ago, too. Darn teething! Speaking of which, she hasn't been feeling the best since a couple days ago, so getting these pictures were a bit of a challenge.
... but Poppy the Penguin (from her great grandma) always makes everything better.
No comments:
Post a Comment