Thursday, January 9, 2014

Muddy Puddles!

Thanks to all of the rain we've been getting the past few weeks, there are plenty of "muddy puddles" that Ellen can splash in.  Yesterday, we actually had sun for a time, too!  Believe me, though, I'd much rather be having the rain and gale-force winds we've been having the past month than the frigid temperatures and snow that the Midwest and East Coast of the US have been having.

Ellen got to splash for the first time in "muddy puddles" like Peppa and George coming out of play group on Tuesday.  She loved it. I let her splash despite not having Wellies on; thankfully, I had a clean, dry pair of socks in the nappy bag that I put on her when we finally got to the car.  You'll hear kids in the background since we were right next to a day care.  

Ellen wore her Wellies for the first time today! I told her that we're going to go outside to splash in muddy puddles, but like Peppa and George, she needed to wear her boots... and she did without a quibble!  She splashed and squealed for at least 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment