Jeff and Ellen went swimming together last Friday after Jeff finished work. I decided I would sit out this time since my swimming suit wouldn't fit my 37-week bump (and body)... what a scary thought! Ellen had been looking forward to swimming "on Friday"; we had been attempting to explain to her earlier in the week that we had to wait a few more days - until Friday - to go swimming. My friend, Emily, gave us her daughter's no-longer-needed water wings earlier in the day, and Ellen was THRILLED about the water wings, since Peppa and George wear water wings when they go swimming... of course. Ellen's confidence in the water soared with the water wings on and she LOVED the Daddy-only time in the pool.
Earlier in the day, I had introduced a toddler pillow and duvet to Ellen's cot bed, as a step toward her using a toddler bed when we move into our new house. I wasn't sure how she'd react to having something besides just her blankie, let alone new things in her bed, but she LOVED her new big girl things. These are a couple of pictures of her trying out her new pillow and duvet.
(She wasn't asleep here)
Ellen loves to draw and color and is very good (for now at least) at not drawing on anything besides paper, though I did walk into the lounge a week or so ago as she was coloring on her books (on the shelf). Luckily it was only a colored pencil. However, I did walk in the other day to green marker-covered lips; she had used her dark green marker as lippy. I tried to get her to look at me, but of course, to no avail.
As we all know, Mommy becomes chopped liver when Daddy gets home from work. Most evenings after supper you can find Ellen and Jeff having a picnic in the lounge with her tea pot and tea cups.






No comments:
Post a Comment