Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Signs of Summer

Summer really is just around the corner, and it decided to give us a taste of what will hopefully come this summer for a few days over the weekend. The weather was absolutely stunning! The temperature rose to around 85 degrees, which is very hot for this part of the world. Not to mention that the sun is up and shining at 5:45 as I drove to work... I even needed my sunglasses... yeah, at 5:45 am in morning!

This called for getting out the barbie (grill), albeit tiny, and grilling up some burgers. And were they delicious! Thanks to my wonderful hubby who worked so hard on them.
The berries looked so good at the grocery store, too. Why just have plain berries - even though they were delicious on their own - when you can make shortcakes to serve them on? (The strawberries were more expensive, so I opted for raspberries and blueberries).

In addition, my first rose bloomed in our garden. It is so beautiful and fragrant.

My lettuce is also coming up quite nicely. Need to get around to eating it.
Although it was almost too warm (remember we don't have the option of turning on the air conditioner in our home), I LOVE SUMMER!!! Well, in case you're one of those who prefer it to be cooler, don't worry, the weather returned to normal UK weather today... cooler, but dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment