For my birthday, Jeff bought us tickets to the Tewkesbury Food and Drink Festival, which we went to today! It was very similar to the cheese festival we went to in Cardiff in September; small, local companies set up stands in a large tent where they sell their specialty food and drinks.
The festival was set up behind where I took this picture.
The first stand we came to - gorgeous cupcakes, or "fairy cakes" as their often called here.
(But we didn't even buy one!)
(But we didn't even buy one!)
Jeff's nose led him to a stand selling grilled sausages in a bun - he chose a pork and black pudding one. We then went into the large food tent where vendors were selling such things as sausages, puddings, chutneys, beers and the like, ice creams, sweets and produce. We bought 2 kinds of sausage, 3 puddings ("black and blue", ginger and spotted dick), a fish pie, asparagus, smoked, dried ham (like proscuitto), a bottle of ale, a small wheel of creamy cheddar cheese and ginger sweets.
I'm about to dig into my zebra burger... I guess a burger can be made out of any kind of meat... not that I even knew zebra meat is edible.
We then went to a food demonstration, though it wasn't exactly entertaining. We then ate lunch...
After we had our burgers, we looked at a few more stands, then decided we had done enough damage, so we headed to the car with numerous bags in hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment