Friday, October 2, 2009

Auf Wiedersehen Deutschland...Hello England!

We arrived in England 4 weeks ago, and so far so good. The Lord has really blessed our first month here.

On September 2, the movers came, wrapped up all of our furniture in bubble wrap, packed up our belongings into boxes, and loaded everything into a moving container. Jeff and I packed the car so full, we thought it might burst. Until the moving container arrives in Gloucester after closing on the house, we have only what came with us in the car.

After staying our last night in Munich, we started the long drive to Bristol. We stayed the first night in Heidelberg, Germany. This has a special place in my heart, as this was the first city I ever visited in Europe, when I was 15 years old, and the last city I visited before leaving Germany. We walked around the castle gardens, had an ice coffee in the main square and walked around the city. It was a great way to spend our final day in Germany.


The next morning, we drove from Heidelberg to Caen, France, where we caught an over-night ferry to Portsmouth. We drove through northern France, including Paris. We caught a millisecond glimpse of the Eiffel Tower...ooh la la! We arrived in Caen about 4 hours before boarding time, so we walked around the city of Caen and the fortress there.


Around 9pm we boarded the ferry, fell asleep and woke up the next morning in Portsmouth. After eating breakfast in Winchester, we finished our drive around 11am on September 4 in Bradley Stoke, a suburb of Bristol. We picked up the keys to the apartment... I mean, the flat... unloaded the car and moved in!


The three windows on the ground floor is our flat.





No comments:

Post a Comment