A week ago today, I got to spend the afternoon with Ally and Jane. Jane was over visiting Ally and Paul from Belfast. I met Jane during our trip to Scotland in March, and again in Belfast in July when the Ardverike group got together for dinner. Ally wanted to take us to a cute village that has a good tea house. "Sounds good to me!", I said. So, we drove to Marlborough, which is about an hour southeast from here. Ally was right... the village was cute and the tea house was good.
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Days Out with Friends
A couple of weekends ago, Jeff and I drove up to Cheltenham, just north of Gloucester, to visit the Gilchrist famiy - Kevin and Christina, and their daughters Grace, Rose and Pearl. Kevin is a friend of Jeff's from university, and Christina is from California. We've been trying to spend as much time with them before their big move to Kansas City within a month or so.
They took us on a walking tour of Cheltenham. This is quite a "posh" town where royals, celebrities and other posh people send their kids to school. There are many Victorian-style buildings and houses, as well as small boutiques and cafes.
A week ago today, I got to spend the afternoon with Ally and Jane. Jane was over visiting Ally and Paul from Belfast. I met Jane during our trip to Scotland in March, and again in Belfast in July when the Ardverike group got together for dinner. Ally wanted to take us to a cute village that has a good tea house. "Sounds good to me!", I said. So, we drove to Marlborough, which is about an hour southeast from here. Ally was right... the village was cute and the tea house was good.
We were only there for a couple of hours, but it was fun to spend time with Ally and Jane and to see a new place!
A week ago today, I got to spend the afternoon with Ally and Jane. Jane was over visiting Ally and Paul from Belfast. I met Jane during our trip to Scotland in March, and again in Belfast in July when the Ardverike group got together for dinner. Ally wanted to take us to a cute village that has a good tea house. "Sounds good to me!", I said. So, we drove to Marlborough, which is about an hour southeast from here. Ally was right... the village was cute and the tea house was good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment